Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:28:27 +0100
Chris is absolutely right. It is extremely dangerous on a road car of
any description, fast, touring, racing, rally to have increased braking
at the rear to that extend (50% plus). Most braking is effected by the
front wheels, over 75%, the exact figure depending on the car. High
braking at the rear will cause the rear wheels to lock, loosing any
grip, resulting in the rear overtaking the front because of very
interesting but highly dangerous road behaviour. May be not immediately
noticeable in the dry but instant in even slightly damp conditions. JUST
DON'T!!!!
Use drums at the rear and decrease the diameter of the rear brake cylinders.
Kees Oudesluijs