Re: [Healeys] Healey on BAT Auction

To: Healeys List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey on BAT Auction
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 14:24:12 -0800
How 'bout that. it is hundreds less.

Volvo B18 weighs in at ~350 lbs. Healey 611

Transmission with laycock overdrive is similar to Healey transmission weight.

Here are the weights I measured comparing Healey trans to Toyota:

Healey transmission with overdrive is  115 pounds

toyota transmission 77 pounds

Healey engine back plate 19.7 lbs

Alloy back plate 7 lbs

That's a savings of 51 lbs!

On Dec 4, 2014, at 12:34 PM, Charlie wrote:

> I do believe that this would be quite a bit lighter yet still very strong.
The Volvo is a five main engine and weighs nothing near the Healey 6.  And
anyone who has done a Toyota 5 speed can testify to how much lighter that is
than the stock Healey.  Probably we could find out how much the Volvo engine/
trans weighs to compare.  Hundreds of pounds is probably accurate.