Re: [Healeys] Drum Brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Drum Brakes
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:55:34 +0100
Patrick & Caroline Quinn schreef op 27-1-2015 om 6:53:
> Well they look better and in the right circumstances
> they perform better.
Hmmm, I wonder why we do not see any drum brakes any more on cars
then????, bar a few cheap cars that still may have some rear only drum
brakes.
Of course disk brakes perform a lot better than disk brakes, are in
general easier to maintain and cheaper to rebuild.
The thing is they should be proportioned correctly, as with drum brakes.
Disk brakes are less prone to fading and are easier to control.
Kees Oudeluijs
NL