Re: [Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

To: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:37:22 +1100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Magnus, I have been watching with interest your current restoration.
I'm annoyed but not surprised the faulty sumps have net been rectified.
I did get a store credit for the cost of having mine loctite vacuum
impregnated locally which will sort it out. The problem could far more
easily be fixed at the foundry that casts them. In regard to the
incorrect heads, my brother and our mutual friend both returned their
alloy 100 heads almost a year ago with the promise that the problem
would be fixed and they would receive heads with the correct combustion
chamber shape and depth.  They are still waiting and no refund has been
offered.
Cheers
Larry Varley