Re: [Healeys] Water Pumps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Water Pumps
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:11:49 +1100
--===============4748968776678043998==
 boundary="------------050104020600020507050800"

--------------050104020600020507050800

Anyone out there that has been in Q.A. systems will understand that Q.A
does not mean the product produced is of high quality. It simply means
that the crap produced is all crap within a defined limit.
Regards
Larry Varley

On 2/03/2015 8:31 PM, J Armour wrote:
> My experience with asian engineering products is that most small
>  volume suppliers ( by their standards ) do not understand why we are
> obsessed with all this Quality stuff. After all look at some of the
> images we see of equipment they find acceptable to continue using.
> But in my case they can produce items to a required standard and this
> can be achieved at a price if 'we' have our inspectors on site. When
> the old sub-contract a local representative ( on cost basis ) there
> becomes the issue of who is paying whom for the acceptance of our
> goods?  Local inspectors I suspect have greater loyalty to the terms
> of payment from an local asian company who will give then regular
> payments  rather than a 'small' purchaser from , in my case Australia.
> Subcontracting relies on my piece of paper and its terms makes someone
> else responsible.
> Check on Google for the lastest supply problem and health problems
> with Chinese berries --  all having passed Chinese and Australian
> standards of food preparation. The ultimate responsibility was
> probably passed down to a farmer who still uses toilet waste for his
> fertiliser while a whole range of businessmen sit on their QA
> certificates.
>
> The company I worked for made a lot of money correcting the cheaper
> from overseas items bought into the country with Q.A. And Inspection
> documents supporting the goods to be ' as per order'.
>
> Some time ago in China I saw lightbulbs being assembled in a converted
> cow shed and I could hardly see the process as the shed had only one
> 40 watt lightbulb.  They also had a pile of bicycle brake assembles
> laying on the ground. Another visit I was show around a major mining
> engineering workshop and there was a 250 mm bore very expensive roller
> bearing siting on the floor uncovered and with a layer of dust on and
> in the bearing. Their solution was we will wipe it over before
> installation and then have a bearing where we previously did not have
> a bearing = success!!!

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/varley@cosmos.net.au
>

> No virus found in this message.

--------------050104020600020507050800

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Anyone out there that has been in Q.A. systems will understand that
    Q.A does not mean the product produced is of high quality. It simply
    means that the crap produced is all crap within a defined limit.<br>
    Regards<br>
    Larry Varley<br>
      cite="mid:BLU436-SMTP176259CF1B82EE35EA72FB0A9100@phx.gbl"
      type="cite">
        small  volume suppliers ( by their standards ) do not understand
        why we are obsessed with all this Quality stuff. After all look
        at some of the images we see of equipment they find acceptable
        to continue using.</div>
        and this can be achieved at a price if 'we' have our inspectors
        on site. When the old sub-contract a local representative ( on
        cost basis ) there becomes the issue of who is paying whom for
        the acceptance of our goods?  Local inspectors I suspect have
        greater loyalty to the terms of payment from an local asian
        company who will give then regular payments  rather than a
        'small' purchaser from , in my case Australia. Subcontracting
        relies on my piece of paper and its terms makes someone else
        responsible.</div>
        problems with Chinese berries --  all having passed Chinese and
        Australian standards of food preparation. The ultimate
        responsibility was probably passed down to a farmer who still
        uses toilet waste for his fertiliser while a whole range of
        businessmen sit on their QA certificates.</div>
        cheaper from overseas items bought into the country with Q.A.
        And Inspection documents supporting the goods to be ' as per
        order'.</div>
        converted cow shed and I could hardly see the process as the
        shed had only one 40 watt lightbulb.  They also had a pile of
        bicycle brake assembles laying on the ground. Another visit I
        was show around a major mining engineering workshop and there
        was a 250 mm bore very expensive roller bearing siting on the
        floor uncovered and with a layer of dust on and in the bearing.
        Their solution was we will wipe it over before installation and
        then have a bearing where we previously did not have a bearing =
        success!!!</div>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        found in this message.<br>
        Checked by AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        03/01/15</p>

--------------050104020600020507050800--