Re: [Healeys] Steering box

To: Mike <phoenix722@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering box
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 13:29:20 +1000
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Mike,
If your steering box doesn't leak, just undo the filler cap and add whatever
flavor of gear oil you normally use.
Or if you want to change it, undo the 4 bolts at the front, let it drain out,
tighten the 4 bolts, add oil, and then degrease the chassis & garage floor.
Penrite is great when your steering box is leaking. You can buy it in a grease
tube, put it in your grease gun (preferably a pistol type gun, with a flexible
hose) and pump it in. If you buy it in a bottle, I hope you are a patient man.
It's like trying to pour molasses.....
This guy explains the process. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwsfMPWuGg

Best
Chris