Re: [Healeys] Helicols in SU carbs

To: "'Alan Grossman'" <agrossman@pacific.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Helicols in SU carbs
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 08:23:56 +0100
I did something similar to a couple of my Webers and they went in OK and
haven't given any trouble.
You can get virtually any thread and length insert that you need in kits
that come with everything you need. German made, I think. I can't lay my
hands on mine right now but am sure that they were V-coil per eBay :-
112134974310
Years ago I put a bit of grease in the nuts and some "PlasticMetal" on the
bolts' flats. I bolted everything together and I had crude but workable
"captive nuts".
The PlasticMetal (JB Weld?) came off later when I took the carbs off the
car.