[Healeys] Fuel pump flustered

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel pump flustered
From: llennep@verizon.net
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:15:56 -0500 (CDT)
Listers,

This one has really got me stumped.  A couple weeks ago went on a 40 or so mile
ride.  Car ran great.  No probs.  At one point I was stopped and I could hear
the fuel pump clicking away, 3-4 clicks per second.  This was true whether at
idle or higher rpm.  I knew that normally at idle there was an occasional click.

Once back home I restarted the car and same thing.  Then over several days I
attempted to fix the prob.  A different pump gave the same results.  I replaced
the filter and still same thing.  Oh BTW there was no fuel underneath as is the
case when a float needle is stuck and fuel comes out the overflow.  No fuel
shows up anywhere.

Why does the pump continue to click so fast?????  Why does it NOT slow to an
occasional click?????  What is the fix????  I am flustered.

Keith