Re: [Healeys] Lift for Healeys

To: bspidell@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lift for Healeys
From: Chuck Ott <chucknsueo@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 17:44:31 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_649458_2123979248.1539452671340

Bob,
Usually the 2-post lift arms are too high to get under the Healey, especial=
ly the side with the mufflers.=C2=A0 I have a friend who has a 2-post lift,=
 and he has to drive the Healey up on small wooden ramps to get it high eno=
ugh for the lift pad to reach the frame rail on the other side of the muffl=
er.=C2=A0 I have a 4-post lift, and have had no troubles driving the big He=
aley on.=C2=A0 My Sprite needs much more precision, as both wheels ride on =
the inside edge of the ramps. I have a couple of small jacks with which I c=
an jack up the car on each side to remove wheels, or I use a jack in the ja=
cking tray, pushing up on the center of a 2X6 that spans the crossmember, t=
o lift the front or rear of the car.=C2=A0 One other issue I have is that I=
 have a 7' garage door, so tall vehicles, such as my VW Vanagon campers, ar=
e lifted up high enough by driving onto the ramp to scrape the roof on the =
top frame of the garage door.=C2=A0 I can get the one with 14" wheels onto =
the lift by deflating the tires to 10 psi.=C2=A0 The one that I have with 1=
5" wheels does not clear the door even with the tires deflated.=C2=A0 Somet=
hing to consider if you have a high-top van or tall truck.
Chuck Ott1967 BJ81969 AN9