Re: [Healeys] BJ8 turn signal indicator lights

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 turn signal indicator lights
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 07:04:24 -0800
I did it just to see what any effect would be (note I only have a
Pertronix Ignitor ignition module; my coil is bone stock and has a dent
in it).  It does produce a hotter spark as the coil has to develop a
higher voltage to jump a larger gap (the coil ceases to produce voltage
when the spark fires; it's effectively a short circuit).  If your
secondary system isn't in good nick leaks or cross-firing can occur.

I think electricity travels fast enough to compensate for a 0.003"
difference.