Re: [Healeys] Over heating Healey's

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Over heating Healey's
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:34:22 +0100

--------------6342BD7DB92B9DDB0B9A0E3A

Why not fit a thermostatic switch in the top tank or hose to control the
fan. Kicking in at ca. 200 -210°F and kicking out at about 185°F should
do the trick. Use an adaptor with to accommodate the majority of thermal
switches, in EU it is M22 if I remember correctly. There are thousands
of them to choose from.

Keep the manual override switch though.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 26-2-2019 om 22:29 schreef Robert Begani:

> During the past 3 weeks since the rebuilt engine started, I have been
> running the engine for 20 min at a time.  The temp would slowly climb
> to almost 200 degrees, so I would shut it off. Finally, I got help
> from my friend wiring the pusher radiator fan I installed with the
> radiator. We wired the fan to the altenator with a relay and  fused
> the toggle switch to the spare on the fuse block on the engine
> firewall. Started the engine and ran it for 30 min at mostly idle with
> a few min up to 3500.  It held a constant 180 degrees. It is currently
> 80 Degrees in SW Florida and your skin will burn if you are in the
> sun.  That should give anyone the answer ?how to modify my Healey to
> be able to drive it in hot temperatures and in traffic?  My engine
> before rebuild would only overheat in hot summer weather in Chicago or
> in Florida when driving in Stop and Go Traffic or under 40 mph.  With
> the new shovel in front of the radiator directing air into the
> radiator, I expect that I do not have to turn on the fan at lower
> speeds that 40 mph.  Will know more as soon as I can get the car off
> the jack stands.
>
> Bob Begani
>
> 67 BJ8

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------6342BD7DB92B9DDB0B9A0E3A

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      control the fan. Kicking in at ca. 200 -210°F and kicking out at
      about 185°F should do the trick. Use an adaptor with to
      accommodate the majority of thermal switches, in EU it is M22 if I
      remember correctly. There are thousands of them to choose from.</p>
      Begani:<br>
      cite="mid:001601d4ce1a$6c1f01f0$445d05d0$@gmail.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">During
[...]
            can get the car off the jack stands.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Bob
            Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">67
            BJ8 <o:p></o:p></span></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>