[Healeys] Rear shock Q

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Rear shock Q
From: Keith Pennell via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 15:49:26 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_251830_1421875556.1559922566347

Hello List,
Am planning to replace both rear shocks on late BJ8.=C2=A0 I found a pair i=
n my stash which appear to be new (or possibly rebuilt).=C2=A0 Eureka!!!=C2=
=A0 Both L and R and painted black.=C2=A0 Both with new shock links attache=
d.=C2=A0 I have had them for many years and there was minor leaking of flui=
d.=C2=A0 Tightened the 6 screws each about 1/6 turn.
Question:=C2=A0 I am thinking while I have them on the workbench to top off=
 the fluid.=C2=A0 I have two products on hand.=C2=A0 Sta-Lube Hydraulic & J=
ack Oil with no mention of shock absorbers on the label.=C2=A0 Bel Ray High=
 Performance Fork Oil (20W).=C2=A0 Again no mention of shock absorbers.=C2=
=A0 Would either of these be satisfactory for topping oil the shock oil lev=
el?
Opinions?Keith
------=_Part_251830_1421875556.1559922566347

in my stash which appear to be new (or possibly rebuilt).&nbsp; Eureka!!!&nbsp;
Both L and R and painted black.&nbsp; Both with new shock links attached.&nbsp;
I have had them for many years and there was minor leaking of fluid.&nbsp;
Tightened the 6 screws each about 1/6 turn.</div>

off the fluid.&nbsp; I have two products on hand.&nbsp; Sta-Lube Hydraulic
&amp; Jack Oil with no mention of shock absorbers on the label.&nbsp; Bel Ray
High Performance Fork Oil (20W).&nbsp; Again no mention of shock
absorbers.&nbsp; Would either of these be satisfactory for topping oil the
shock oil level?</div>

------=_Part_251830_1421875556.1559922566347--

--===============2899421518708480249==