Re: [Healeys] Rear shock Q

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear shock Q
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 11:54:08 -0600

--------------5BF9540D14929341C6B2170E

Fork oil is better choice.  DO NOT OVERfill.  Just to bottom of the
gasket is enough.

    Peter C

--
World Wide Auto Parts of Madison WI
2517 Seiferth Rd

--------------5BF9540D14929341C6B2170E

  <head>
  </head>
      the gasket is enough.</p>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:2043299983.251831.1559922566348@mail.yahoo.com">
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">
                I found a pair in my stash which appear to be new (or
                possibly rebuilt).  Eureka!!!  Both L and R and painted
                black.  Both with new shock links attached.  I have had
                them for many years and there was minor leaking of
                fluid.  Tightened the 6 screws each about 1/6 turn.</div>
                workbench to top off the fluid.  I have two products on
                hand.  Sta-Lube Hydraulic &amp; Jack Oil with no mention
                of shock absorbers on the label.  Bel Ray High
                Performance Fork Oil (20W).  Again no mention of shock
                absorbers.  Would either of these be satisfactory for
                topping oil the shock oil level?</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>