Re: [Healeys] Anti-Sway Bar

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Anti-Sway Bar
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 17:38:16 -0700

--------------BB8D8CE598167FCCAD337FD2

I also used poly bushes all around.  I got the swaybar kit from Addco,
including uprated links which you'll need if you use the stiffer bushes.

On 7/24/2019 5:05 PM, Rick Wilkins wrote:
> I used a stiffer anti-roll bar and recommend it, even for road use.
> Makes a  huge difference in body roll and improves the feel of the car
> in turns. Great for â??spirited drivingâ?? how the front sort of digs into
> turns. Makes the car a tad more â??chuckableâ??. Very fun, cheap.
> reversible mod.
>
> Wilko
>
> http://ewilkins.com/wilko
>

>> On Jul 24, 2019, at 4:57 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net
>>
>> In 1953, Healeys were 'state of the art' for 1943.
>>
>> FWIW, I put a larger front anti-sway bar on my BJ8 and all I noticed
>> was that it stayed flatter in turns, but I don't track it so I
>> probably wouldn't notice a slight increase in understeer.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> On 7/24/2019 9:56 AM, rrengineer.mike wrote:
>>> Gee, I'm glad I brought this up. I'm going to stick with the 1/2"
>>> bar as my car is destined for the road, not the track.  It's  a
>>> continuation of a philosophy that my late restorer friend was always
>>> on about.  My LeMans conversion of my BN2 is more sizzle than
>>> steak.  Sure I am installing all the visual cues like H6 carbs with
>>> LeMans intake and a louvered bonnet with leather strap, but that's
>>> about it.  I am even using used valve springs because I was told it
>>> would tick over at idle from first startup. Besides, never being on
>>> the track, high rpm will not be a factor.  Not even close to valve
>>> float.  Yes, I am converting to disc brakes in the front, but that's
>>> a no brainer for safe driving street or track.  When I asked my
>>> friend about going with a Toyota transmission conversion, he said,
>>> "don't you want the Austin Healey experience"?  So, pretty much a
>>> stock BN2.  I think it will perform on the street just great.
>>> Wasn't it state of the art back in 53?  Good enough for a Sunday
>>> drive now and then.
>>> Mike MacLean

--------------BB8D8CE598167FCCAD337FD2

  <head>
  </head>
      Addco, including uprated links which you'll need if you use the
      stiffer bushes.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:78D37D05-39FE-4DA3-AC6B-918197D9EB37@ewilkins.com">
        even for road use. Makes a  huge difference in body roll and
        improves the feel of the car in turns. Great for â??spirited
        drivingâ?? how the front sort of digs into turns. Makes the car a
        tad more â??chuckableâ??. Very fun, cheap. reversible mod.</div>
          moz-do-not-send="true">http://ewilkins.com/wilko</a></div>
              href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net"; class=""
              moz-do-not-send="true">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color:
              rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="">In 1953, Healeys were 'state
              of the art' for 1943.</p>
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color:
              rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="">FWIW, I put a larger front
              anti-sway bar on my BJ8 and all I noticed was that it
              stayed flatter in turns, but I don't track it so I
              probably wouldn't notice a slight increase in understeer.</p>
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color:
              rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="">Bob</p>
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color:
              rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=""><br class="">
              font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
              text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
              word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
              background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">On 7/24/2019 9:56
              AM, rrengineer.mike wrote:<br class="">
              cite="mid:20190724165639.52A70A0EDE@autox.team.net"
              style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
[...]
                now and then.</div>

--------------BB8D8CE598167FCCAD337FD2--

--===============0644548013969140315==