Re: [Healeys] Wednesday Rant

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wednesday Rant
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 05:18:43 -0500
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=TwgxEEQRiI7TyPyzA/ycmk/H3uMFA5Ww0wHpnrOaiqeJxeTGYu9+6ch5EKOJB5c0a/yE0fvz3jYR95zJFzivLPXn6bN/b+1J+a4YIqXmRYj6U/HNltbRcMeQOuNvCpvY4Tm3j906PmJJtOiVsbb7z2vILg9QKqPRcFw4G1qwwYGVQfhkQ9t8D02nn6sosol3f6SgokaGR2nEw/HwcO09JsWL9z9rNzkjgOR8lHTQz9YUXi/MzGu8N/W+umbfnHps2Au3z1+KnayTVNnCvUgD3JgcoyU89XbApaFrE/tramt7kE00gEkuchhmOhV7jsXqLLy3JPEZL7avKeT14K/pXA==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Mike,

Yes, the factory parts list I have (AKD3523 shows the shims between the
outer bearing and the tabbed washer.  A previous owner drew an arrow
showing the correct location.  The shims go between the distance piece
and the outer bearing.

I've only done the shims on a few Healeys, but I've never seen that many
shims required.  Less than 0.060" thickness required.

Can you send some photos of the hardware?  Are the parts from a later
BJ8, or earlier 3000 (different outer bearing, shims, distance piece,
etc)?  If the later BJ8, do you have the spacer that goes between the
axle and the inner bearing?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar