Re: [Healeys] Michelin 180/ R15 XAS tires Fill up the wheel well too muc

To: rfbegani@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Michelin 180/ R15 XAS tires Fill up the wheel well too much and rub on late 67 BJ8
From: Keith Pennell via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 22:54:51 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_5426989_864700264.1582152891382

Bob,
FWIW; I have been running 1/4 inch spacers behind the hubs on the rear of m=
y BJ8 for over 40 years.=C2=A0 No problems - no lost wheels either!!=C2=A0 =
:)=C2=A0 On really hard cornering the tires have slight rub on the two bolt=
s which mount the bump stop boxes.I run Jaguar 72 spoke wires which have mo=
re/less offset (not sure which) than stock Healey wheels so the need for mo=
re clearance for tires.=C2=A0 For many many years I ran 185/15 Michelin Red=
lines but now have 185/15 Vredenstein from Hendrix.Again FWIWKeith