[Healeys] Dust Cover Fit - Update

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Dust Cover Fit - Update
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:35:57 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1012007_1476344191.1582749357319

I just got off the phone with Moss technical.=C2=A0 Steve answered after a =
short wait on hold.=C2=A0 He took the time to pull the dust covers and the =
same splined hubs I have from stock to measure them.=C2=A0 The same part nu=
mbers as my "oversize" grease cup covers that are now in stock are the corr=
ect size for the splined hubs I have!=C2=A0 He measured one of the covers o=
uter diameter at about 1.885".=C2=A0 To further make this a good thing, he =
is going to credit my account the $50+ of the original cost of the wrong si=
ze cups I have, even though I bought them back in 2017.=C2=A0 Usually you h=
ave only one year to return an item to Moss.=C2=A0=C2=A0 He has no explanat=
ion for the grease cups that are .020 too big.=C2=A0 Maybe a different manu=
facturer?=C2=A0 In any case I ordered a set a few days ago hoping they woul=
d be a different size even though they are the same part number.=C2=A0 I wa=
s just going to send them directly back if not right.=C2=A0 According to St=
eve, if they were pulled just a couple of days ago they should be correct.=
=C2=A0 We'll see.=C2=A0 Supposed to be in the mail today.=C2=A0 I will let =
you guys know later today if they fit because I know you are just on pins a=
nd needles about the outcome of this tragedy. ;^)Mike MacLean

------=_Part_1012007_1476344191.1582749357319

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">I just got off the phone with Moss technical.&nbsp;=
 Steve answered after a short wait on hold.&nbsp; He took the time to pull =
the dust covers and the same splined hubs I have from stock to measure them=
.&nbsp; The same part numbers as my "oversize" grease cup covers that are n=
ow in stock are the correct size for the splined hubs I have!&nbsp; He meas=
ured one of the covers outer diameter at about 1.885".&nbsp; To further mak=
e this a good thing, he is going to credit my account the $50+ of the origi=
nal cost of the wrong size cups I have, even though I bought them back in 2=
017.&nbsp; Usually you have only one year to return an item to Moss.&nbsp;&=
nbsp; He has no explanation for the grease cups that are .020 too big.&nbsp=
; Maybe a different manufacturer?&nbsp; In any case I ordered a set a few d=
ays ago hoping they would be a different size even though they are the same=
 part number.&nbsp; I was just going to send them directly back if not righ=
t.&nbsp; According to Steve, if they were pulled just a couple of days ago =
they should be correct.&nbsp; We'll see.&nbsp; Supposed to be in the mail t=
oday.&nbsp; I will let you guys know later today if they fit because I know=
 you are just on pins and needles about the outcome of this tragedy. ;^)</d=
y></html>
------=_Part_1012007_1476344191.1582749357319--

--===============2663272726076143737==