Re: [Healeys] Dust Cover Fit - Update

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dust Cover Fit - Update
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:20:24 +1300
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000d66fb4059f812cce

Great to hear of the helpful tech support from Moss BUT I am always
concerned when any company uses their customers to do their quality
control.
I have wasted many, many hours and lots of $ working with inferior
reproduction parts and for just that reason will ALWAYS opt for good used
originals even if they require substantial amounts of reconditioning.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:36 AM Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
wrote:

> I just got off the phone with Moss technical.  Steve answered after a
> short wait on hold.  He took the time to pull the dust covers and the same
> splined hubs I have from stock to measure them.  The same part numbers as
> my "oversize" grease cup covers that are now in stock are the correct size
> for the splined hubs I have!  He measured one of the covers outer diameter
> at about 1.885".  To further make this a good thing, he is going to credit
> my account the $50+ of the original cost of the wrong size cups I have,
> even though I bought them back in 2017.  Usually you have only one year to
> return an item to Moss.   He has no explanation for the grease cups that
> are .020 too big.  Maybe a different manufacturer?  In any case I ordered a
> set a few days ago hoping they would be a different size even though they
> are the same part number.  I was just going to send them directly back if
> not right.  According to Steve, if they were pulled just a couple of days
> ago they should be correct.  We'll see.  Supposed to be in the mail today.
> I will let you guys know later today if they fit because I know you are
> just on pins and needles about the outcome of this tragedy. ;^)
> Mike MacLean
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000d66fb4059f812cce

ns ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">Great to hear of the helpful tech support=
 from Moss BUT I am always concerned when any company uses their customers =
to do their quality control. <br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have wasted man=
y, many hours and lots of $ working with inferior reproduction parts and
for just that reason

 will ALWAYS opt for good used originals even if they require substantial a=
mounts of reconditioning. </div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-=
family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gm=
ail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"=
gmail_attr">On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:36 AM Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net";>rrengineer.mike@att.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><=
/div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;bo=
rder-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"f=
ont-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D=
"ltr">I just got off the phone with Moss technical.=C2=A0 Steve answered af=
ter a short wait on hold.=C2=A0 He took the time to pull the dust covers an=
d the same splined hubs I have from stock to measure them.=C2=A0 The same p=
art numbers as my &quot;oversize&quot; grease cup covers that are now in st=
ock are the correct size for the splined hubs I have!=C2=A0 He measured one=
 of the covers outer diameter at about 1.885&quot;.=C2=A0 To further make t=
his a good thing, he is going to credit my account the $50+ of the original=
 cost of the wrong size cups I have, even though I bought them back in 2017=
.=C2=A0 Usually you have only one year to return an item to Moss.=C2=A0=C2=
=A0 He has no explanation for the grease cups that are .020 too big.=C2=A0 =
Maybe a different manufacturer?=C2=A0 In any case I ordered a set a few day=
s ago hoping they would be a different size even though they are the same p=
art number.=C2=A0 I was just going to send them directly back if not right.=
=C2=A0 According to Steve, if they were pulled just a couple of days ago th=
ey should be correct.=C2=A0 We&#39;ll see.=C2=A0 Supposed to be in the mail=
 today.=C2=A0 I will let you guys know later today if they fit because I kn=
ow you are just on pins and needles about the outcome of this tragedy. ;^)<=
____________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=