Re: [Healeys] Water pump leak

To: Keith Pennell <llennep@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Water pump leak
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:01:26 -0500
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000c18c6705d43ccdf6

Look very carefully Keith and you will probably find that the leakage is
from the hole in the casting just forward of the gasket.
That hole is there to allow any coolant that comes past the seal to leak
out before it can get into the bearings.
Those pumps are pretty easy to rebuild. The instructions are in the
Workshop Manual and I  have a kit for them.

--000000000000c18c6705d43ccdf6

 the leakage is from the hole in the casting just forward of the gasket.=C2=
=A0<div dir=3D"auto">That hole is there to allow any coolant that comes pas=
t the seal to leak out before it can get into the bearings.</div><div dir=
=3D"auto">Those pumps are pretty easy to rebuild. The instructions are in t=
he Workshop Manual and I=C2=A0 have a kit for them.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

--000000000000c18c6705d43ccdf6--

--===============7981922951834231997==