Re: weight

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weight
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:19:46 -0800
Scott,
For what it's worth, the T'Bird weighs in at 3200 lbs (52% forward) which is
what I run at Maxton. For Bonneville I added 400 lbs of lead cause everybody
said I had to and I kept the same weight ratios. NASCAR cars have an open
frame rail that runs between the two tires on each side of the car. Lead
bars are fastened in that rail. Since I have no reference to running the car
at B'Ville with vs. without, I can't tell you the difference. I do believe
in the theory that added front weight as speed increases is necessary and
was glad I had it.
Since no one mentioned it, we set our car up with electronic scales and are
careful to look at the cross weight as well as the front to back weights.
Obviously you don't want 52 % on the front split at 32% and 20%.
I have carried my scales to Maxton this year and would again. If anybody
would like to use them just let me know before the run.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"