Re: weight

To: r.hammond@sympatico.ca, dwarner@electrorent.com
Subject: Re: weight
From: DaCudaKid@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:35:45 EST
I was wondering about moveable ballast myself, not sure that would be legal,
anyone know?  If I remember, trimmable airfoils aren't allowed either.

Mike in L.A.

In a message dated 11/9/01 8:14:28 AM, r.hammond@sympatico.ca writes:

<< This might be just more complication than what is worthwhile, but assuming
there
might be an identifiable and quantifiable difference in the balance you want
for
getting off the line or staying stable at speed, has anyone ever tried a
moveable
ballast?  (sort of like a trim adjustment?)
If you had tubes fore-and-aft with weights inside you might be able to have
cables
or screws (like a garage door opener?) to adjust.
Yes it would add weight, but that would be figured in as part of the ballast.
Same question on adjustable airfoils? >>