FIA

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:17:21 -0700
So why isn't someone in scta or usfra or ecta an fia rep to certify
records???
dale
**********************

Dale,

It is my understanding, I may be wrong,  that the FIA rep must come from an
ACCUS member group such as SCCA, NHRA, NASCAR, etc.

As was cussed and discussed a while back ACCUS wants nothing to do with the
BNI, USFRA, et al. The closest we can get to ACCUS is through the NHRA. You
need to remember that the groups which belong to ACCUS are profit based
businesses. These people make their livelyhood from the business of racing,
they could care less about the sport of racing. If circumstances were
different we could be talking about football, baseball, quilt making,
telephone companies, any business.
The product doesn't matter, only the bottom line at the end of the day.

Dan Warner