Re: FIA

To: dwarner@electrorent.com, beeind@pacbell.net, preident@scta-bni.org,
Subject: Re: FIA
From: Nt788@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:40:54 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/2003 7:31:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dwarner@electrorent.com writes:

<< f you convince me that we would not see wholesale vehicle and engine or
 gearbox rebuilding, when turnaround should be safety checks and refuelling,
 then perhaps longer time intervals could be managed without disadvantaging
 racers running away from a Bonneville meeting.
 ******************************* >>
Hi Dan I. Like the rather loose turnaround at Bonneville! It the safest way
to make a return for an amateur team! If we need strict rules for some kind
of credibility, there's BNI International or FIA. Example: If I only have one
crew member, I'm forced to not to check everything, and I will return unsafe!
We just don't need NASCAR creditibility.The costs of media and corporate
participation and stands and spectator facilities, would no longer allow the
poor guys to race the rich guys! Now there is no distinction! Does anybody
realize why LSR is so great? I say, Because we are not forced to participate
at a professional level, its still an option. Let our illusions of grandeur
be directed at the freedom of innovation that we can still enjoy! Jack
Costella