Re: cheap hats--who you know

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: cheap hats--who you know
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:03:49 -0500
I took it as not running the car up to speed in order to set several records
before the final one the car is capable of.. It has never been my call one way
or another if this is fair or a good idea as I don't own any of the cars I have
crewed.. The other way to look at it might be to ask the question 'Did the
driver give it their personal best even if it was less than the fastest the car
will go?' The saying has always been go fast and stay safe. If a driver chooses
not to go any faster it is their call as well, the stay safe part when you run
out of talent before you run out of car. Knowing when you are in over your head
is a good thing.

I have always been willing to change the 'spacer' between the seat and the
steering wheel in search of more speed. Most times it is faster and easier than
working on the car.

I can't ever remember your car not running flat out on every pass so I would
have no idea how it would ever apply to you..