RE: Piston Slap ? Non LSR

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Piston Slap ? Non LSR
From: "Smith, Bill" <Bill.Smith@sandycorp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:21:11 -0500
The 5.3 in trucks has an iron block---5.3 in Trailblazers, Envoys, and others
is Alloy----the problem is mostly piston slap as I understand it---I have never
heard of one failing,,,If you force GM to change it most likely will still be
there and you  will have agreed that nothing  else will be done---I have heard
of people being able to get and extended warranty out of it---my recomendation
if it just drives you crazy----I have never heard of being able to stop it
completely---Mobil 1 will help some  I have been told.---wmts