RE: Fuel Injection Question

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <todd@twinjugs.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Injection Question
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 06:31:21 -0400
Mike our job is to make the torque meter move any way we can for as many rpm
as possible that is how i see it.. I personally don't buy the alky taking up
room in the runner myself. If it evaporates then the latent heat dropped the
temperature making charge denser. IE smaller volume for same stuff if
density goes up. Injectors are put by the valve for closed loop operation.
They also put the sensor fairly clse to the engine for the same reason to
close the loop quicker. Indy cars spray alky in the compressor inlet, but
they only make 800 hp out of 2.65L with no intercooler and 7 lbs. of bosst.
They also run 16 big injectors at the plenum, think very short pulse width.
Persobnally i plan on just keeping hacking along the best I can..
Dave