lotus-cars

Re: Lotus 69's

To: <lotus-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus 69's
From: shiples@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:07:45 -0700
At 09:07 PM 5/11/2004 -0700, Carl McLelland wrote:
>Hey Gang,
>Now that there's been some life fed back into this list let me throw out a
>question.....
>
>Some time back I heard there was a Lotus 69 in formula 'B' configuration
>(Lotus twin cam engine rather than Cosworth BDA) apart but complete,
>lurking out there somewhere. This would NOT be one of the 69's listed on
>Bill Dolson's website.
>
>Have any of you guys seen or heard of this car? I would really like to get
>my hands on a Lotus 69 in 'B' configuration, and a complete basket case
>would be just the thing!!
>
>Any clues appreciated....
>         Carl McLelland
>         Lotus 61 FF

Car finding is a real skill...  Apparently someone up here in Seattle found
a very
nice XK-120 recently.  Someone simply stopped driving it years ago.  I suspect
the new owner's enthusiasm for Jaguar sealed the deal.

To get the good stuff you have to be a combination of detective and salesman.
A detective to find 'em and a salesman to get the owner to part with 'em.  I
actually got my first two cars, a Seven and an E-Type by babbling on about
British cars at work.  And being willing to do the quick draw with the wallet.

Steve Shipley