mg-mmm

RE: Guidance on Wiring PA

To: <DSBonar@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Guidance on Wiring PA
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:19:06 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,

Your list of questions is pretty extensive, but I'll try to give some
guidance, as best I can. See some responses in-line below. But there a a
couple of tips you might find helpful:

1) Try to find another PA/PB somewhere near to you as a reference. Often, a
look at another car will answer many more questions than you can even think
of. Contact me privately and I can give you a list of other P-types somewhat
nearby.

2) When you are wiring the car and testing out your work. DO NOT power the
system using the car's battery. The battery is capable of delivering far
more power than is healthy in the event you have unintentional shorts or
errors. Instead, power the system using a trickle charger - one with a
circuit breaker in case of a dead short. The breaker will trip before you
burn any wires, but it will supply enough power to run lighting, horn, and
accessories - just not the starting circuit.