mg-mmm

N-type Passenger Foot Slope

To: NA-MMM <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: N-type Passenger Foot Slope
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:15:21 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I don't have an original foot slope but the following may help.

I've spoken to the friend who did a lot of work on the body of my NB
2-str, including the floor boards.
He recollects that altho my car had very decrepit non-original
floorboards, it did have markings on the firewall, including screw
holes, for the foot slope.
He then assumed that the floor boards shd be 1/2" (finished) plywood and
made them according to the illustrations in the N-type Service Parts
List.

Today I took the NB outside for its first outdoors photos in fine
weather since the body reached its present stage (finished except for
engine, interior upholstery and hood). I took a roll of film, using
flash when concentrating on the foot slope. I also measured the foot
slope and transferred the measurements to a rough sketch.
Possibly Jerry Felper, Andrew Fock and Terry Sanders may find the sketch
and photos useful.

I understand that any attachments to this email would very properly be
stripped off before distribution, so
if any of the rest of you want copies by jpg/gif or hardcopies pls let
me know. Photos shd be ready in a few days. Measurement sketch GIF will
be ready in 30 mins.

Cheers ......Pat
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol