mg-mmm

Re: Lucas part numbers

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas part numbers
From: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:44:33 +1100
Cc: "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Terry,
thanks for the numbers.

I have a set of 400636 contact breakers (new) and a new cap (yes the 100
pound job) although I can't put my hand on it at the moment to check the
number. The DQH6A-0 would appear to be the original distributor, And the
plate (lets call it the female part) is identical to the one in my
distributor ( interestingly the plate is marked 11 degrees!). However, the
male part is as seen in Blower, where as in my distributor there is no post
to attach it to, rather it is like the ones in a T type that attaches to the
terminal (I'll send you a photo later it you want, let me know). Was there a
later type of contact breaker and a Lucas replacement part? Is there a part
number for the condenser?

thanks all

Andrew