mg-mmm

Re: J2 brakes

To: <Emgeeguy@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: J2 brakes
From: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:34:24 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Got all of the pieces here for an 8-inch hydraulic, along with a period
magazine article on the conversion.  I also have a set of 12-inch drums and
alloy cable-brake backplates to get rid of now that I am trying to convert
to big hydraulics.  I've got the back sorted with a Healey axle but have had
limited success with Minor 1000 fronts, Imp fronts and Wolseley 1500 fronts.
I have tried to get in touch with someone called J Seburn near Luton who
offered to swap my 12s for a set of 10 hydraulics.  Anyone know him?  I
think he raced a Hornet Special.  Lost his phone number to a virus.

Anyhow, standard 8-inch drums and 2 sets of Morris 8 (pre series E/1939)
backplates.  Dave Parish in Hayes, Middlesex can help here.  Cylinders are
about #40uk each and the master is about #70uk unless you go with something
later like Morris 1000.  Can supply pictures and a copy of the article for
anyone interested.  Article is for a P-type.

Rob
Wales U.K.