mg-mmm

J2 Brakes

To: <Emgeeguy@aol.com>
Subject: J2 Brakes
From: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:55:04 +1100
Cc: "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi all, and Larry,

Here's a photo of Glen Bishop's J2 chassis which is under restoration and
has hydraulic brakes. I would still question why do this? If the 8" brakes
are not good enough then why not convert to 12" cable brakes. It's more in
keeping with the car, looks great and works well. I can lock up the wheels
of my NA on the foot brake alone and it stops straight. You can't ask more
than that! The conversion would be considerably easier than going over to
hydraulics and I would suggest safer as most people seem to put in only a
single (rather than tandem) master cylinder.

If you still want to know more about the conversion I can put you on to
Glen.

If you
Andrew NA0279

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
102-0288_IMG.JPG]
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol