mg-mmm

Re: J2 brakes

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: J2 brakes
From: "Dwyer" <jasper@enternet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:18:14 +1100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Larry

Our J2 was converted to hydraulics in the fifties, I believe after the then
owner rear-ended a milk truck!

It was actually a kit supplied by a company in the West Country (of
England). Parts as follows:
Master cylinder, metal pipes and hoses Morris Minor 1000
Wheel cylinders, backplates and shoes Hillman Minx (1956 I think)

This setup gives 2LS at the front, and leading/trailing at the rear. Braking
is excellent, and since I put silicon fluid in (in about 1989) I've never
laid a finger on the system.

I can probably give you Girlock numbers for the cylinders. You'd be able to
substitute locally available hoses as they have UNF ends.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol