mg-mmm

Two quick P questions

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Two quick P questions
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:33:28 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I am replacing rear spring front shackle pins. I was reminded to also order
the steel spacer. The spacer has a reverse cone or indent in one side.

1. Which way does it face? Towards nut or frame?

2. There appears to be a hole bored thru the cross tube and Green's book
references "pins" apparently to keep the shackle pins from backing out. Can
anyone identify the "pin" as to material? Brass? Steel? Two pins for each
cross tube? Talk me through the process?

Thanks,

Don B.