mg-mmm

Re: Two quick P questions

To: <DSBonar@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two quick P questions
From: "tom metcalf" <mgtom@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:04:18 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don, the conical side faces the frame to allow clearance for the fillet in
the pin where it changes diameters.

These pins are tapered steel pins. You can see the old ones when everything
is super clean. Bang them out prior to removing old spring pins or you'll
have a hernia trying to remove it. New tapered pins are available at your
local hardware. Make sure you get English size. Just kidding. Take the old
one in to size the new ones - seems like 1/8" to 3/16" but not 100% sure.
You will need to drill your new spring pins to re-pin. Or if the frame is
sqeaky clean you can just use lock-tite.

Have fun  mmming.   tommm