mg-mmm

Re: MG PA Engine & Generator

To: "Daniel Shockey" <magnut_dan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: MG PA Engine & Generator
From: Robert Zwart <zwart1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:40:51 -0700
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Could you have a crack in to mount that is releasing oil?
	 BOB
On Apr 11, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Daniel Shockey wrote:

Hello,

I have the engine rebuilt and back in my PA2108. I am generally pleased with it but the generator vibrates relative to the block despite my careful alignment. You have to look closely to see it. Is that normal? After a few hours of running, it has developed an oil leak at the back side of the generator just above the front gearbox. The four bolts are tight and I worked to get a good seal from generator to the gearbox. Could this leak be a result of the vibration? (I put in 10W40 oil in January when I first started it and plan to change to 20W50.)

The engine and generator seemed to work well together when I got the car and I changed little from that set-up. I put about 1500 miles on it. (I threw a rod three years ago.)

I plan to pull the head and generator and re-check everything. Nearly every other step has had to be redone so far! I am not happy with the valve stem sealing in the head anyway.

Advice much appreciated.

Best regards,

Dan Shockey
San Jose, California