mg-mmm

Re: MG PA Engine & Generator

To: "spook01" <spook01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: MG PA Engine & Generator
From: "J.E.A. Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:57:01 -0600
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Ray,

Its very easy to fix the oil leak under the oil drain gallery but it
does require a little effort if the engine is in the car.

The original design had a 7/8" diameter hole in the underside of the
gallery to accept the oil flinger on the outside of the drive yoke
(fork). To install a seal, you machine what's left of the flinger off
the yoke to a finished OD of 0.750" and counter bore the hole in the
gallery to 1 1/8" diameter and 3/16" deep. I use a National oil seal,
#254270 (0.750 x 1.124 x 0.187) mounted from below and held in place
with some Permatex.

I've attached a couple of pic's which show the yoke before and after. I
machine it between centres as the best way to hold the yoke is on the
vertical drive shaft, and that keeps everything in line.

Cheers, "Bob".

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type multipart/appledouble]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type multipart/appledouble]