mg-mmm

Re: PA questions

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: PA questions
From: "J.E.A. Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:55:47 -0600
Cc: MG-MMM <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Laurie,

I always have the cut-out part of the breather facing aft in the hope that it will put less crud in the sump. The foot off a nylon stocking makes things better yet.

Without the firewall to get in the way, assembly is much easier, but you will need to turn the gearbox slightly to get the rear cross member between the chassis side members. When everything was new that cross member would slide easily in the bell-housing but today most of them are rusted solidly in place. Because of that I would put the box on the bell housing and install it all at once. A second pair of eyes and hands can be quite helpful but not essential.

Cheers, "Bob".

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool