mg-mmm

PA questions

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA questions
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:33:27 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Folks,

Having at long last managed to sort out all the various external fittings,
pumps, etc. that go on my PA engine, it is now painted and ready for final
complete assembly. Two questions occur to me that you might be able to help
with:

Is there a specific orientation of the cutout portion of the breather tube
that goes in the block? Should it face forwards (so air is somewhat
pressurized into it), backwards (so there is a draught effect from the passing
air), inwards or outwards?

Can I bolt the engine to the gearbox and bolt all the external bits and pieces
onto the engine before installing it in the chassis, or will that present
interference problems? It looks as though one has to start at an angle
relative to the center axis of the chassis in order to get the gearbox
cross-tube between the chassis rails and I wonder if this would mean the two
units have to go in separately. The body is not on the car yet, nor the
firewall, and I am wondering if this will make it easier. Or am I going about
this all the wrong way?

Thanks in advance for any advice received.

Lawrie Alexander