mg-mmm

Re: PA questions

To: lawrie@britcars.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA questions
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:29:42 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Lawrie,

Brian Kelly and I put mine in as a unit (engine/tranny) and it went in very
easily. No firewall but did have all the front end items (Dizzy, oil,  water
pumps and dynamo) on.

Get car up high enough on jack stands to allow plenty of clearance as it
swings in and under... but with no chassis or firewall, not a big deal.

Cross-tube was left loose and simply slid it side to side during fit-up.

All your other ancillaries (manifolds, oil filter, etc) are added after to
reduce dead weight and prevent accidental damage.

If your firewall is new, make sure your tach cable (with rubber grommet)
hole is big enough to allow passage of cable end cap to back of valve cover.
Had
to enlarge mine after car was 90% complete and it's a real pain.

FYI for all P-type guys, at regional All Brit show just completed, a  fellow
came and told me he had P in his garage in western Kansas. Had it  for years
but wasn't sure what it was! Sounds like really rough. I'm following  up.

Don B.