Clutch Thrown Out Bearing

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Thrown Out Bearing
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 14:13:00 -0500
While I have the engine removed from my 1951 MGTD MkII because of a
broken crankshaft, I have decided to replace the Clutch carbon throw out
(release) bearing with a new modern steel roller bearing. Moss has them
listed in their catalog but they have been back ordered for almost three
weeks and have no idea when a shipment is due. I am anxious to get the
TD repaired and back on the road. Does anyone have an alternate source
for TO bearings? I do not find them listed in the Abingdon Spares Ltd
catalog and I have had no luck so far searching the Internet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Stu Keen
simbafish@home.com