Re: Axle Housing

To: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Housing
From: Phil Gross <philgross@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 23:13:20 -0800
Hi, Rick,
When I was where you apparently are in the restoration process, I filled in
the grooves with a wide weld bead and then ground it down smooth.  If you
don't want to try that yourself, it should be a quick and inexpensive job
for any welder. I believe the MGA has a buffer plate that protects the axle
housing from abrading.  You can make one easily from a sheet of metal.
Good luck.
Phil