Axle Housing

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Axle Housing
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:36:00 -0800

Hi All,

I've been working diligently on the TD for a month.  Now is the time to
look at the Diff axle housing.  When I strip all the pieces away I find
that the housing is badly grooved where the U-bolt spring clamps were.

Is there any thing I can do to fix this.  One is quite deep, almost
3/16".  I don't understand why I didn't severe the axle in two when
driving her.    It is a very substantial groove.  All the places where
the u-bolts were are grooved but one is the worst.

Anyone ever put a MGA axle housing under a T series?  I have a complete
one of those in great shape right now.  I was going to transplant the
ring and pinion into the TD diff.  I also have the wheels as they are a
4 bolt.  They even look the same and the hub caps will fit too.

TIA

Cheers

Rick
--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby