Re: mgt radios.

To: david.tinker@virgin.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgt radios.
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:37:49 EST
In a message dated 12/29/99 2:14:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
david.tinker@virgin.net writes:

<< Factory fitted radios I believe  were fitted in the glove compartment, but
 were there special brackets used in the fitting?. Also where were the
 amplifier units fitted?. Are the original pattern aeriels still available?.

David, according to Clausager in "Original MG T Series", radios were fitted
in the glove box and the amp was under the scuttle, either Radiomobile or HMV
models.  I understood that these were always fitted by the dealer and not in
the factory.  The two point type mount antenna was mounted on the side of the
scuttle nearest the radio and those types are still available here in the
states.  Perhaps Geof remembers as he was driving them down to the docks in
those days.  I had a radio in my TD in the late 50's but don't remember much
about it except that it was in the glove box.

As far as telescopic shocks, this is a later conversion, not factory, and can
be had from Moss, B&G and probably NTG.....

Terry