Re: Wipers leak

To: simbafish@home.com ('Stuart Keen'), mg-t@autox.team.net ('MG')
Subject: Re: Wipers leak
From: JohnOmg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:06:27 EDT
Getting wet in a T car is part of the experience.  Just got back from a 650
mile journey in the TD with about 7 hours of driving in the rain.

Are you sure the leak isn't a result of the cutout area in the overhanging
flap at the front of the top.  On long, wet  drives, I usually make a
"diaper" to catch the drips by duct-taping a rag to the top/windscreen
junction.

I've also noticed that after a while, the front top rail warps so that it is
no longer snug against the windscreen.  It seems like a small c-clamp would
solve the problem.....

Most importantly, remember to wear dark pants, so the wet spots are less
visible!

John Olman
Cincinnati

///