What will cause (and will prevent) "wrong curvature" in the

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: What will cause (and will prevent) "wrong curvature" in the
From: Roadrunner@Post.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:06:21 -0700
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Wipers leak
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:39:26 -0500
From: lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net
To: mg-t@autox.team.net

<<My problem is that ... the top bow has the wrong curvature,
 so the rain just comes in between the bow and the windscreen frame.>>

        What are the causes of, and the preventive measures against,
imperfect seating and sealing of the leading edge of the hood
against the top rail of the windscreen frame?

        We've heard of some "soaking" a new wooden bow in a tube of live
steam, then clamping that bow against the windscreen frame, intending
to warp the wooden bow permanently into the proper curvature.

        Is that the proper technique with new wood?
        Does that alone resolve the issue permanently?
        Are there other issues to consider?

        Did the original wooden bows at the leading edge of the hood
always lose its original fit and develop "the wrong curvature" ?

        Is this inevitable?