Re: What will cause (and will prevent) "wrong curvature" in the

To: Roadrunner@Post.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What will cause (and will prevent) "wrong curvature" in the
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 02:00:38 EDT
When I restored my TD several years ago, I bought a piece of ash, cut it
roughly to length and cross section, and then soaked it in a vat of water for
a few days with clamps to form it into the proper bow. I then hand finished
the bowed piece to make a proper fit to the windshield frame. The wood has
retained its form for several years now, and I haven't had any leaks in
rainstorms, but I do live in Southern California and don't drive in rain very
often. I do know that one could make the wood piece if so inclined, or work a
purchased piece to fit properly.
Larry

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list