Silicone and rubber

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Silicone and rubber
From: "Ormrod, Douglas" <Douglas.Ormrod@adis.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:27:27 +1300
Hi from New Zealand again

I am now finishing off the brakes in my ongoing TD restoration. Cylinders
re-sleaved - everything else renewed. It seems like a good idea to use
silicone in the system. However, the other night someone who knows someone
who knows an "expert" told me he had heard that if you use silicone you need
to use a different kind of rubber (seals etc.) from that used with ordinary
fluid - or else the rubber can swell and cause problems. Has anyone any
knowledge of the veracity or otherwise of this claim?

Cheers

Douglas

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list