Re: Silicone and rubber

To: Douglas.Ormrod@adis.co.nz, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silicone and rubber
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:01:24 EST
Douglas,
Can't speak from the expert perch, but I went silicone in 1982.  Rebuilt the
wheel cylinders and master cylinder and replaced the rubber hoses and a
couple of sections of pipe at that time.  After 5 years I got a little
seepage from the master cylinder.  Quick overhaul and it's been zero
maintenance ever since.  In fact, I'll bet I've only bled the brakes a couple
of times in those 19 years (not a recommended service interval ;-)

I have heard the "rubber story" too.  Just has not materialized in my
experience.

John Deikis
Chelsea, MI
USA