Re: Warning - leaking replacement flexible fuel lines

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warning - leaking replacement flexible fuel lines
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:37:07 EST
In a message dated 12/28/02 17:08:53 Pacific Standard Time,
MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com writes:

<< I don't buy the
 excuse that it's "today's gas" that is attacking the lines - that might
 be the case if I was trying to use old lines, but these were only three
 years old.  Also, I have several older cars and trucks ('39, '49 and
 '70) one of which has flexible lines at least 30 years old, and I never
 had this kind of problem.  >>

Well, you are lucky that the other cars didn't have this problem too but I
would chuck those lines as well and buy new because the new gas does eat
rubber of the older formulation........You might have thought your 3 year
lines were just 3 years old but there is no telling how long they were
sitting on someones shelf.......Moss uses Teflon as the inner line on their
flex hose and that is the way to go......
Terry in Oakland